Saturday 26 November 2011

Back to basics.. Premiership - Gameweek 13

After the national team's Euro 2012 qualification triumph its time to get back to our weekly obsession for all things Barclay's Premier League.

As ever, there are some exciting games in the PL this weekend.
Man United v Newcastle is a fixture which has produced some classics over the years and one with plenty of goals thrown in. Newcastle are a tough side to beat this season. It will be no easy task for United, especially with the Reds being slightly out of form of late.

Another match of interest is between the top two in the Championship
last season
- Norwich v QPR. This will be a lively affair. The Canaries have been scoring plenty of goals this season, while Rangers have played some nice football beating Chelsea along the way. An interesting contest. I see Norwich edging it, though, in a game with plenty of goals. 


src: football-talk.co.uk

The feature match of the weekend is undoubtedly the mouth-watering encounter between Liverpool and Man City. City suffered defeat in midweek away to Napoli in the Champions League. Liverpool, on the other hand, are riding high after beating Chelsea at Stamford Bridge last weekend. City will be looking to bounce back after Wednesday but it will be no easy task. Pool are unbeaten at home in eight against the Blues. Anfield is not an easy place to go and win, regardless of what Liverpool side is on the pitch. I see Liverpool getting something from this game. A 1-1 draw is my prediction.




Fantasy Football Pick
Gameweek 13

I'll be honest, I haven't had much luck lately with my fantasy football team. I felt it was time to make BIG changes, so I used my wildcard which allows me to make unlimited transfers for this Gameweek. 

 

So this is how Rejects FC is looking now.
I've lost a lot of ground on league leaders over the past two months. This was solely because I'd relied too much on Rooney, so he's out. I had to draft in the goal machine Robin van Persie. I've decided to stick two other strikers in form up front with RvP, Balotelli and Helguson. I now have a powerful midfield with plenty of assists (hopefully) coming from Gareth Bale and Frank Lampard. At the back I have a player from 3 defensively strong sides, Newcastle, Man City, Man Utd.

I'm confident of getting a huge tally of points this weekend. Watch this space...

No comments: