Tuesday 25 October 2011

Monday review

Yes I know it's Tuesday. 
I think it has taken me an extra day to come to terms with that hammering City gave United. I could not believe how bad United were in the second half. Of course Evans sending off didn't help but City were always in control. United have been dodgy at the back too many times this season and badly need Vidic in the starting line up, especially for these kind of games. City are looking like a classy side and it saddens me to admit they are now deserved favourites for the title.

src: football365.com
It was indeed a classic but not in the way I expected. My prediction of a 2-1 home win was way off. 




Ugly
Alan Hutton's horror tackle on Shane Long has ruled the Irishman out for 6 weeks. He's a major doubt for the Euro 2012 play-offs against Estonia next month. After seeing the tackle again yesterday, the outcome could have been a lot worse. An ugly lunge by Hutton. We can only hope Long will make a quicker recovery than first expected.

src: dailymail.co.uk


Fantasy Football review - GW9

A shocking week for Rejects FC!
The decision to take Aguero out to accommodate the transfer in of Steven Gerrard backfired. Having three United players on my team didn't help my cause neither. I'm still confident of Gerrard grabbing a fair few points over the next couple of games so I'll probably stick with him.

No comments: